top of page
SCC is one of the largest and most welcoming clubs in Sydney. We pride ourselves on our safe bunch riding and endeavour to be inclusive. We pledge to help develop our members through coaching, skills improvement, racing and mateship to help you achieve your goals.
• We have rides 6 days a week
• We take safety seriously
• 'Intro to Bunch Riding' course for all new members
• Insurance cover via AusCycling
• Weekly newsletter
• Women's development & women's only rides
• Ride for a Reason (R4R) annual charity ride
• Subsidised tours
• Mountain bike and gravel rides
• Access & support for races
• Regular social events
• Christmas Party & Awards Night
• A Club Championship for all levels of competition
• Exclusive access to the best club kit in Australia
• Benefits for Life Members
• Free race licence for members who qualify for NRS
• An honest and transparent committee elected by members.
BEFORE YOU JOIN - ROAD CYCLISTS
• You must have a road bike with drop handlebars in sound mechanical and roadworthy condition.
• We don’t allow time trial bikes or bikes with aero / tri bars or flat bars as they are not safe for group rides.
• Have a reasonable amount of bike skills and fitness to keep up with us. If you can complete 7 laps of Centennial Park in an hour or less you should be fine (27kph average).
• Have front and rear lights if riding in the dark and spare tubes and tools in case of mechanical issues.
BEFORE YOU JOIN
HOW TO JOIN - ROAD CYCLISTS
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a completed SCC T&C form (see bottom of this page) and a brief description of your cycling ability & experience.
2. You will be emailed confirmation of your place on the intro ride but please be patient. The club is run by volunteers who are very busy so you might not get an immediate reply but we promise you will get an email before the next intro ride. The intro ride is generally held on the first Saturday of each month.
3. Read the SCC Etiquette Guide and familiarise yourself with our rules and calls.
4. Attend the intro ride (check your confirmation email for details.) We ask all new members to attend even if you have previous bunch riding experience as SCC calls and rotations are different to other clubs.
5. Become an official member of SCC by selecting a membership from the Aus Cycling website and choose Sydney CC as your club when prompted. The club secretary will confirm your membership and email you a welcome pack.
6. Come for a ride with us. At the beginning of your first ride, introduce yourself to the bunch captain and ride at the back of the bunch so you can get used to riding in a SCC bunch. We recommend the Fri-Yay ride for your first ride with the club as it's flat and an easy pace.
Please see our FAQ below if you have any questions and if you still can't find an answer then please contact... email@example.com
HOW TO JOIN - ROAD
HOW TO JOIN - MOUNTAIN BIKERS
If you want to mountain bike and ride on the road with us then you will need to attend the intro ride and follow the instructions above.
If you only want to ride off road then visit our Mountain Bike page for more details.
HOW TO JOIN - MTB
bottom of page